CD & Associates Seeks Construction Health and Safety Specialist
CD & Associates, Inc. has an open Construction Health and Safety Specialist position based out of the Blue Bell, Pennsylvania main office.
CD & Associates, Inc. (www.CDandAssociatesInc.com) is a certified Women’s Business Enterprise with more than thirty years of experience in design and construction. Dedicated to value-driven performance for the pharmaceutical and technology industries, CD & Associates offers services from project inception to completion. CD & Associates also provide safety and health consulting, training, staffing and auditing solutions to clients in a variety ofindustries.
This position is part of the EHS Department and will report to the Director of Health and Safety; the position will consist of work in the field at active construction sites and at regional offices and locations. The Health and Safety Associate will work directly with Project Managers and Superintendents in support of a proactive and robust contractor safety effort at various pharmaceutical and life sciences facilities.
This position will directly support project sites in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland and Delaware; up to 50% travel outside of this region will be required as well.
Position Responsibilities Include
- Review and administration of contractor Job Safety Analyses.
- Completion of construction site safetyaudits.
- Research and interpretation of applicable safety related standards, guidelines and clientprocedures.
- Working with contractors and project teams to maintain a high level of site safetyperformance.
- Collection, management and reporting of leading and lagging safetymetrics.
- Maintenance of project specific JSA and Permit to Work logs.
- Attend weekly project reviewmeetings.
- Self-motivated to study applicable constructionstandards.
- Multi-task and be comfortable with involvement in multiple projects at the sametime.
- Reviews safety programs developed by the Contractor and, if necessary, provides recommendationsfor improvements.
- Capable of delivering clear, concise verbal or written communication to a variedaudience.
Required Education and Training
Bachelor of Science Degree in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent field; relevant combination of experience and training accepted in lieu of degree.
30 Hour Construction Safety Outreach Training.
Experience and Understanding
5-8 years of professional safety experience required, preferably in a construction or pharmaceutical industry. Thorough understanding of construction in a healthcare, pharmaceutical, petrochemical or industrial setting.
Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
Knowledge of OSHA, NIOSH, ANSI and NFPA requirements and documentation required. Valid drivers license and use of personal vehicle required.
Ability to pass a background check and pre-hire drug screen.
Interested applicants should submit resumes to Safety@CDandAssociatesInc.com