CDA Hiring Construction Health and Safety Specialist
We are hiring! CDA is actively seeking client representative safety support professionals for the pharmaceutical industry in the Mid-Atlantic Region. Apply on our website today!
CD & Associates, Inc. has an open Construction Health and Safety Specialist position based out of our Blue Bell, Pennsylvania main office.
CD & Associates, Inc. (www.CDandAssociatesInc.com) is a certified Women’s Business Enterprise with more than thirty years of experience in design and construction. Dedicated to value-driven performance for the pharmaceutical and technology industries, CD & Associates offers services from project inception to completion. CD & Associates also provide safety and health consulting, training, staffing and auditing solutions to clients in a variety of industries.
This position is part of the EHS Department and will report to the Director of Health and Safety; the position will consist of work in the field at active construction sites and at regional offices and locations. The Health and Safety Specialist will work directly with Project Managers and Superintendents in support of a proactive and robust contractor safety effort at various pharmaceutical and life sciences facilities.
This position will directly support project sites in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland and Delaware; up to 50% travel outside of this region will be required as well.
- Review and administration of contractor Job Safety Analyses.
- Completion of construction site safety audits.
- Research and interpretation of applicable safety related standards, guidelines and client procedures.
- Working with contractors and project teams to maintain a high level of site safety performance.
- Collection, management and reporting of leading and lagging safety metrics.
- Maintenance of project specific JSA and Permit to Work logs.
- Attend weekly project review meetings.
- Self-motivated to study applicable construction standards.
- Multi-task and be comfortable with involvement in multiple projects at the same time.
- Reviews safety programs developed by the Contractor and, if necessary, provides recommendations for improvements.
- Capable of delivering clear, concise verbal or written communication to a varied audience.
Required Education and Training:
Bachelor of Science Degree in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent field; relevant combination of experience and training accepted in lieu of degree.
30 Hour Construction Safety Outreach Training.
Experience and Understanding:
6-8 years of professional safety experience required, preferably in a construction or pharmaceutical industry. Thorough understanding of construction in a healthcare, pharmaceutical, petrochemical or industrial setting.
Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
Knowledge of OSHA, NIOSH, ANSI and NFPA requirements and documentation required. Valid drivers license and use of personal vehicle required.
Ability to pass a background check and pre-hire drug screen.
Interested applicants should submit resumes to Safety@CDandAssociatesInc.com